Saturday, January 28, 2017

Sketchy Pineapple Cemetery Pipe Smoking with Some Yelling

There's nothing creepier than walking at night in a small town just for the sake of walking.

I go to college in a small town with not much around it. That leaves me disposed to do a lot of walking. A few nights ago I went out for a night walk to get some energy out. It was probably around midnight. I went out past the campus and through the neighborhood. This wasn't anything unusual for me but I couldn't help thinking how creepy this might have looked. Most of the time I'm walking with someone else at night but this time it was just me.

Any reasonable person would have seen me and thought I was out buying drugs or off to bury a body or both. Maybe it's just my self-consciousness but being alone brings out a sketchier image.

I've had nights where cops were checking out what I was up to; the only difference was that one or two others were with me. Peace of mind is always with me because I know I'm not up to anything illegal. Of course I don't blame the police for thinking we are. I remember one time me and a friend were arguing with someone outside of a cemetery while I was smoking a tobacco pipe and holding a pineapple. A cop drove by and shined his flashlight on us and kept driving. I thank God he didn't ask any questions. (I hope to tell more of that story another time.)


No comments:

Post a Comment